We are a community of people learning to live to the Glory of God by following Jesus.
To participate in God’s gathering work by bringing people to Jesus, transforming lives by His power.
To connect people to God and to one another through worship and ministry in today’s world.
Our commitment to personal faith in Jesus Christ as Lord and Saviour.
Our commitment to regular participation in public worship.
Our commitment to grow in Christ’s likeness through private prayer, Bible study, and self discipline.
Our commitment to make our congregation a caring community in which every person is valued as an image-bearer of God.
Our commitment to shared ministry, giving every member the opportunity to use his/her spiritual gifts for the work of the Gospel.
Our commitment to evangelism by our spoken witness to our faith in Christ and by bringing the teaching and example of Christ into our everyday life.
Our commitment to practice faithful financial stewardship by joyfully giving God’s Tithe and other offerings for the work of the Church in response to God’s abundant generosity.
Other Core Values:
1. We believe numbers count.
Numbers represent people. People matter to God and they matter to us. Healthy things grow.
2. We believe we are called to be faithful and fruitful.
"Go therefore an make disciples…" (Matthew 28:19)
3. We believe to be good stewards of the opportunities God is placing before us requires that we think outside the box in every way.
"See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it?" (Isaiah 43:19) "Put out into deep water and let down your nets for a catch." (Luke 5:4)
- Don’t’ be afraid to take a risk.
4. We believe continuity and discontinuity must be balanced.
The Church is made up of people who have needs and memories.
5. We believe we must be easily approachable.
Looking at ourselves from the outside will open our eyes to the negative signals a newcomer would quickly sense.
6. We believe we must work smarter.
"Therefore be shrewd as snakes and as innocent as doves." (Matthew 10:16b)
7. We believe we must pay attention to detail.
"Just as the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give His life as a ransom for many." (Matthew 20:28)
8. We believe satisfaction with the status quo is dangerous.
- Flexibility is a must.
- If it works today, it will soon be obsolete.
9. We believe in striving for excellence, according to the level of skills and talents God has given us, in all that we do.
- Excellence, not perfectionism. "'He has done everything well,' they said." (Mark 7:37)
10. We believe in taking the initiative.
"Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, 'Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?' And I said, 'Here am I, send me.'" (Isaiah 6:8)
11. We believe God fronts (before needed) all the resources for His vision's implementation and we are to be good stewards of those time, talent and treasure resources.
"All things come of thee, O Lord, and of thine own have we given thee." (1 Chronicles 29:14 KJV) "His master replied, 'Well done, good and faithful servant! You have been faithful with a few things; I will put you in charge of many things. Come and share in your master's happiness!" (Matthew 25:21; Matthew 25:23)
12. We believe non-ordained people are called to do ministry, can be trusted to do ministry and are a congregation’s most valuable asset for ministry.
“It was he who gave some to be apostles, some to be prophets, some to be evangelists, and some to be pastors and teachers, to prepare God's people for works of service, so that the body of Christ may be built up until we all reach unity in the faith and in the knowledge of the Son of God and become mature, attaining to the whole measure of the fullness of Christ. (Ephesians 4:11-12)